I love deadlines. I like the whooshing noise they make as they go by
I am delighted to announce the draws for the
Another bumper draw (especially amongst the guys) so looking forward to some brilliant tennis over the next five weeks or so.
If for any reason you think there is an error in the draw (e.g. if your entry has not been received) please advise me immediately at the details given below.
Couple of points to note:
- The junior draws up to Under 10 will all be played out on the single day of Saturday 5th October – further details to follow but please keep that date free.
- There are some tournaments where we are looking to get some more interest before confirming draws (e.g. where we only have one or two entries); this applies to the Boys U14 doubles, Boys U16 doubles, Girls U16 singles and Ladies Vets. Please email myself at details below if you would like to enter and we will keep you posted anyway.
In terms of the “rules” and other practicalities, please note the following:
- For the “big” draws in particular, please get your first rounds played as soon as possible – when individual matches are held up this can have a real knock on impact on the draws as a whole. We would expect the first main rounds of matches to all be complete by weekend of 14th/15th September at the latest (at least for the larger draws).
- You may already have contact details for your opponent or be able to contact them through WhatsApp. However, if you need contact details, please contact me at the details below and I will pass on details to you as soon as I can (but please don’t expect this during working hours).
- Matches may be played either at Burnside or Viewpark; it is up to you to agree these. If agreement cannot be reached, then the lower person in the draw has the right to decide. In cases where a date cannot be agreed, the lower person in the draw should provide 3 options to their opponents. Any disputes (perish the thought) should be referred to myself.
- As well as updating results on this site, I will be putting folders in the clubhouse containing the draws. Please fill these out with full scores after the match and winners should email results to me at email@example.com – we will keep the draws updated periodically.
- When playing ties, please use scoreboards, partly for the benefit of passing spectators but also because it makes it clear to everyone that this is a Club Championship tie.
- Matches will be 3 tiebreak sets
It is important that everyone shows a bit of give and take over this busy period, where our busy coaching programme continues aand with various Vets team matches playing out. You can help to alleviate the pressure on court time by, for example, playing matches during day times, should everyone be available. The courts also tend to be less busy at weekends. Juniors might try to play matches at quiet times such as early evenings, when possible. Please check the club calendar for clashes with coaching, matches etc.
If anyone has any questions please let me know.
Enjoy the tournaments over the next 5 weeks or so and do put Saturday 5th and Sunday 6th October in your diary for Junior and Senior Finals Days respectively.
Enjoy your tennis.
Club Championship Organiser
Telephone / Text: 07846 270104