Working seamlessly with a hugely passionate and committed committee and team of volunteers, our Head Coach, Jonny Willcox, and his fantastic team have built an on-court programme that is the envy of tennis clubs across the UK. Here are a few examples of what we have achieved:
- We provide an expansive Coaching Programme which offers something for all ages and abilities.
- In five years we’ve grown the number of juniors in our Club Programme from 40 to 235.
- Our thriving Adult Programme has created a well-trodden pathway for adults to go from beginners to team players.
- We are one of only a few, if any, clubs in Scotland to offer a fully integrated Performance Programme to our most talented and committed juniors which encompasses performance coaching, technical sessions, tactical and mental elements, strength and conditioning training and tournament support.
- Our programme incorporates an Additional Support Class including wheelchair tennis
- Over the last 3 years, our McDonald’s sponsored Schools Programme has given over 2,000 local school children the chance to play tennis for free, many of whom have since joined our programme and play on a regular basis. This programme continues to go from strength to strength benefitting from increased sponsorship in response to the demonstrable success we have achieved. We now work actively with 14 local primary schools as well as providing coaching in a local Additional Support Needs (ASN) High School.
- We partner with local community organisations and youth groups to provide free tennis in some of Glasgow’s most deprived areas.
- We have assembled on of the most talented, passionate and committed Coaching Teams anywhere in Scotland who live and breath our Values of Hard Work, Teamwork and Respect.
TO BOOK INTO OUR COACHING SESSIONS PLEASE FOLLOW THE LINK BELOW: